Wednesday, January 23, 2008

The Call that saved my life PT2

I woke a day after my birthday and was preparing to go to church.......... I thought I should send text messages to the people who had taken time out to grace my birthday ceremony just before going to church, when I discovered I had no call credit. I decided to buy from a vendor a few meters away from my house, on my way downstairs I also took the fuel container to give to our Gate-Man to get some fuel for the generator since we'd run out of fuel, when I got downstairs I saw the guy was quite busy so I decided to go get the fuel myself.

I decided to go with the car since I will also be getting the fuel......I never knew that was God's formula for preserving my life. I didn't get down to buy the call credit where I should have bought it normally because I went with a car. Just as I was about coming back into the estate, I received a phone call from my younger brother at home to buy bread for him. I wasn't happy that I had to go back but I went back all the same.

After buying the bread, I faced the estate head-long but a couple of meters from the gate, we started hearing the sound of heavy gun-shots, the sound coming from the AK-47 guns was so scary that I had to hurriedly park the car and dash down the already deserted road with my friend. We eventually found cover in one dirty corner, but we were willing even to roll in the mud just to be safe. After 15 minutes of heavy shooting, we got out of our hiding.........It was then I discovered what had actually happened.


1. The shootings had come from armed robbers who had come to rob inside my estate........and not just inside my estate but a few meters from my house, in fact they had come to the house where I was to buy the call credit just before changing my mind
2. I would have met them if I had gone to buy the call credit, it would have been fatal as they killed the guy selling call credits.
3. After buying the fuel, I would have still fallen into their hands if not for that call to buy bread.
4. That call saved my life cos if I had met them on the road on their way out it would have been disastrous as they shot at anyone and anything on-sight.
5. For the records they killed the guy selling call credits, shot 2 Police-Men and people going to their different churches--------innocent passers -by.

What do you think would have been my story? what would have been the lot of my parents? what would have happened to the deposits of God on my inside........My best stories are not yet told, I have a song not yet released, what will happen to the many books I will write?

Blessed be the Lord, who has not given us as a prey to their teeth

Our soul is escaped as a bird out of the snare of the fowlers: the snare is broken and we are escaped.

Our help is in the name of the Lord, who made heaven and earth.
Psalm 124 : 6-8

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Broda Kamali
Thank God for his mercy and grace ,imagine what the world will be without you.in your 28years on this years you have made a little impact in the life of those around you.
glad that your alive ooo looking forward to having little kamali oo.visit my site on www.naijadiva.wordpress.com
misidreads

ODODO said...

Kamal ki!

Thank God for protection o; had a similar experience recently as well. God always keeps His own.

We're surrounded!