Tuesday, January 22, 2008

The Call that saved my life

Guess what? Saturday was my birthday! I intend to make it a tradition to gather friends, foes, colleagues and well wishers together every January 19 to celebrate God's faithfulness, so I started this year. It was grand!
Anytime I delve into reminiscence and weigh the kind of favour and love God has showered on me, my jaw drops and my mouth hangs agape in testimony to the wonders of God. All through the waters, through the fiery fire. What would have happened when I fell into that deep well(this is not figurative)?, what would have happened when my tender body was badly crushed by that over-speeding car?

I have been through a lot and I mean a lot! the summary of all I have been through can only be properly captioned by the words of the psalmist

He sent from above, he took me, he drew me out of many waters
He delivered me from my strong enemy and from them which hated me
They prevented me in the day of my calamity: but the lord was my stay
He brought me forth also into a large place; he delivered me because he delighted in me. Psalm 18:16-19

So on Saturday over sixty people gathered in my house just to thank God for his unfailing faithfulness towards me in the past years; I must also at this point thank all my buddies that made it happen for me.......the party was so grand, yet I only spent 20% of the total cost of the party.....my friends took responsibility for the remaining 80%. I am not naturally a party person but it's just common wisdom to appreciate the giver of life for the gift of life and I vow to continue this in different ways and places in the years to come.

In a very funny twist, on Sunday January 20, 2008 a strange occurrence happened......I woke a day after my birthday and was preparing to go to church.......... To be Continued.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bro your time is not now you are very important to all of us.Nothing will happen to you because God is on your side