What wealth is not?
- It is neither money nor paychecks
- It has nothing to do with acquisitions
- Its neither riches nor possessions
- It is not a university degree
- It is neither carnal nor spiritual
- It is not demonic
Think About these
- What was the budget for creation?
- How did Solomon become the richest man that ever lived?
- Does a university or polytechnic degree guarantee wealth?
If God does not print pounds and dollars then He must have a medium of exchange!
- The agrarian economy – crop farming, livestock production, hunting etc.
- The industrial revolution – manufacturing, food processing, machine fabrication, scientific inventions and discoveries etc.
- Technological advancement – telecommunication, computers, software development, robots etc.
The skillful generation
- God did not create stupid people
- Every being has at least a skill
- Men of skills rule the world
- Wisdom, knowledge, understanding, abilities and understanding are embedded in skills
INFORMATION – The principal thing
The information era is such that every man has the capacity to learn and unlearn. It is a process that must continue if we must remain relevant in this generation. It takes hard work and diligence.
The worth of a man is what he knows and how he applies his knowledge to get wealth
The challenge is to learn, learn and learn
IT SHOULD BE NOTED HOWEVER THAT MEMORIZATION AND LEARNING AREN'T THE SAME.
- Learning is a process of failing forward; affecting the physical, emotional and mental faculties.
- Memorization affects only the mental faculty; keeping facts and figures and storing certain chosen data in our brains.
- An eaglet learns to soar by jumping, falling and flapping of wings.
- A baby learns to walk by falling and rising
(It affects the physical, emotional and mental faculties)
- When 2 plus 2 is not 4, you have failed. What next? Punishment!
- When you graduate with a pass then you are termed a failure!
Information is readily available in this age and it takes diligence to search and acquire the desired knowledge coupled with hands-on experience required to process it into wealth.
- seek knowledge
- process knowledge
- invest knowledge
Specimen - Daniel
- Skillful in literature
- Understood by books
- Gave wise counsels by knowledge
- Recommended based on excellence
- Served four terms in office by the effective use of information
- Projected into the future by information